Informed Decision-Making Starts With A Hearing Evaluation
Determining whether or not hearing aids can help you hear a fuller world starts with a hearing evaluation. Knowing the results of those tests gives you the power to make the decision that’s right for you.
Why Have Your Hearing Evaluated?
Untreated hearing loss can damage your physical health, emotional well-being and professional success. Studies have shown untreated hearing loss:
- Increases your risk of cognitive decline.
- Increases feelings of depression, anger and anxiety.
- Makes concentrating and storing new information difficult.
- Increases physical injuries, specifically falls.
- Reduces job performance and monetary compensation.
A Hearing Evaluation Is Quick, Painless and Provides Immediate Results.
Testing methods are fast and same-day test results typically allow an audiologist to provide an immediate diagnosis.
What Does an Audiologist Measure?
- How your ears respond to loud sounds.
- The quietest sound you can hear at different pitches.
- How well you can hear speech.
- The movement capacity of your eardrum.
- What type of hearing loss you have.
Guiding Your Next Steps
Your results determine what options we’ll recommend, and that’s why we take the time to guide you through them and answer every question along the way. We’re here to support you no matter what path you choose to take after your diagnosis.
Hearing aids may be the most common treatment option, but their technology, style, and convenience are unique to each model. If hearing aids are right for you, we’ll work with you to determine which models best meet your needs, fit them, and provide ongoing support to help you adjust to a whole new way of hearing the world.
Call Columbus Speech and Hearing at (614) 261-5452 for more information or to schedule an appointment.