Page right column:

Bookmark and Share

Our History




Page body:

History

The Columbus Speech and Hearing Center was established in 1923 as the League for the Hard of Hearing. The League focused on assisting the hard-of-hearing in the Columbus community to improve their communication process. Over time, the League experienced name and location changes; however, the desire to help individuals in the central Ohio area remained.

Focusing on the needs of the community, the League evolved into the programs that exist at the Columbus Speech & Hearing Center today, which include Audiology & Hearing Aid services, Speech-Language and Occupational Therapy services and vocational rehabilitation programs through the Comprehensive Program for the Deaf.

Celebrating 90 years in 2013, the Columbus Speech & Hearing Center continues to offer exceptional service to consumers across Ohio. By remaining focused on its mission to help all people improve communication and vocational independence, the Center raises awareness of speech and hearing challenges throughout the Columbus community and surrounding areas.