Did you know confirmed hearing loss puts individuals at higher risk of developing dementia?
What you should know about dementia and hearing loss:
- Hearing loss is the number one modifiable risk factor for cognitive decline.
- Wearing hearing aids when you have hearing loss keeps your mind sharp.
- Hearing loss can make the brain work harder. When we struggle to hear, the brain works twice as hard to fill in the gaps in a conversation.
- Many people with hearing loss may feel less socially involved. Social isolation causes the brain to be less engaged and active.
- Cognitive impairment and hearing loss have many of the same symptoms.
- Annual hearing evaluations are essential for those who struggle to hear or wear hearing aids.